ReActive Dance Theatre, the sequel

Earlier today, I had to opportunity again to take pictures for Rhanda & Amanda (oh come on, remember this article) for another show in the Enwave Theatre for the Fresh Blood event. Rhanda & Amanda, foundors of ReActive dance (I still think it's amazing to run your own dance company when you are 23, take it or leave it) presented their show called "One".

Let's talk about the technic point : I was really excited to try my 70-200mm 2.8 in that kind of lights, as photographers are not really allowed to flash to avoid blinding the dancers and disturbing the audience. I got this lense the day after I photographed their first show. How frustating ! 
Anyway, it was a good occasion to catch up with that, and I'm really happy with the pictures ! The 70-200 2.8 is definitely my new baby, and it was meant to be with my D700. Definitely.

Here's the sneak peek :

 
 

 Traduction en Français

Aujourd'hui, j'ai eu de nouveau l'occasion de prendre des photos pour Rhanda & Amanda, (enfin, rappelez vous de cet article) pour une autre de leur prestation au "Enwave Theatre" et leur festival "Fresh Blood". Rhanda & Amanda, fondatrices de ReActive Dance (je pense toujours que c'est génialement cool d'avoir sa propre compagnie de danse à 23 ans, à prendre ou à laisser) ont présenté leur chorégraphie "One".

Parlons technique : j'avais vraiment hâte de tester mon 70-200mm 2.8, récemment acquis, dans ce contexte, sachant que les photographes ne sont pas vraiment autorisés à utiliser le flash pendant les spectacle, au risque d'aveugler les danseurs et d'embêter profondément le public. J'ai reçu cet objo le lendemain de ma première prise de vue avec ReActive. Frustation, j'ai entendu frustration ?
Bref, ce fût une chouette occasion de rattraper tout ça et je suis vraiment satisfaite des photos. Le 70-200 est assurément mon nouveau bébé, et lui et mon D700 sont fait pour être ensemble.

Contact :
- Rhanda Jones & Amanda Pye : lovely choreographers and founders of ReActive Dance Theatre, through their facebook page.
- Me, myself and I through my website


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Instagram

Mailing List

Let's Tweet!

Join me on Facebook!

Meet The Author